GRACEPOINT opened in August of 2012 and began serving dyslexic students in grades 1-8 in a Christian setting. GRACEPOINT began its journey meeting at Riverstone Church in Kennesaw. After four years of steady growth, GRACEPOINT outgrew the space at Riverstone Church and moved to a newly renovated building at Piedmont Church in August of 2016 which is centrally located in Marietta.
The founding board was led by the Executive Director of the Georgia ETA and board member of the Georgia International Dyslexic Association, Brenda Fitzgerald. The current board chair is Dr. Deborah Davis.
Statement of Faith- At GRACEPOINT we are dedicated to educating our students in a Christ-centered environment. We will work to develop each student's God-given spiritual, physical and mental gifts to the fullest. With God's grace, we are committed to loving and glorifying God in everything we do. We believe that there is one God who is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ, God's one and only son, is our Lord and Savior. We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God.
Beliefs - We believe that God has given each of us talents and abilities to use for His glory. We believe that all students given the right opportunities and techniques can be successful learners. We believe that students can develop their talents and leadership qualities while learning. We believe that our students will progress by incorporating a multi-sensory approach to learning and being prescriptive in planning for each individual student. We believe in being open to the power of the Holy Spirit as we instruct our students in truth and love. We believe that our students will be more than able after completion of the program to transition back into public/private educational opportunities.
What We've Achieved
- GRACEPOINT is accredited through the Georgia Accrediting Agency and is also pursuing accreditation through SAIS.
- GRACEPOINT's enrollment has doubled each year that the school has operated.
- GRACEPOINT offers a challenging curriculum in all academic areas for our students.
- GRACEPOINT teachers are certified by the state of Georgia and are trained and certified in the Orton-Gillingham method of instruction
- GRACEPOINT works with families to assist with outplacement and support when a student is ready to move back to a more traditional educational setting.