Our Mission...Our Story
How it all began...
The first seed of GRACEPOINT was planted in 2012 when 2 mothers, Molly Holm and Angie Strack both found themselves searching for the best school to serve their dyslexic sons. As overwhelming as starting a school seemed at the time, with the leadership of Brenda Fitzgerald, Executive Director of the Georgia Educational Training Agency, the doors of GRACEPOINT opened just 6 months later with a mere 4 students. GRACEPOINT is in its 10th year serving 130 students in grades 1-8. Ms. Holm serves as a board member and Ms. Strack as Director of Middle School and Morphology.
GRACEPOINT opened its doors in August of 2012 holding classes at Riverstone Church in Kennesaw. After four years of steady growth, GRACEPOINT outgrew the space and accepted a generous offer from Piedmont Church to occupy a stand-alone building on their campus in exchange for renovating the building. This building has served GRACEPOINT well since 2016, allowing enrollment to increase to 134 students. Now at capacity, GRACEPOINT looks forward to its Next Chapter. In April of 2022, GRACEPOINT purchased the MUST Ministries located at 1407 Cobb Parkway and will renovate the building with a plan to begin school at the new facility in the Fall of 2023.
GRACEPOINT welcomes families from all faith traditions, believing that God has given each of us talents and abilities to use for His glory.
- All students, given the right opportunities and techniques, can be successful learners.
- All students can develop their talents and leadership qualities while learning.
- Our students will progress by incorporating a multi-sensory approach to learning and being prescriptive in planning for each individual student.
- In being open to the power of the Holy Spirit as we instruct our students in truth and love.
- Our students will be more than able after completing the program to transition back into public/private educational opportunities.
Our Statement of Faith...
At GRACEPOINT we are dedicated to educating dyslexic students in a Christ-centered environment. We will work to develop each student's God-given spiritual, physical, and mental gifts to the fullest. With God's grace, we are committed to loving and glorifying God in everything we do. We believe that there is one God who is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ, God's one and only son, is our Lord and Savior. We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God.
What We Have Achieved...
- GRACEPOINT is accredited through the Georgia Accrediting Agency, SAIS and AdvancedEd.
- GRACEPOINT’s instructional program is 1 of only 19 in the nation to be accredited by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham.
- GRACEPOINT’s enrollment has grown from 4 students to 130 students since 2012.
- GRACEPOINT offers a challenging curriculum in all academic areas for our students.
- GRACEPOINT works with families to assist with outplacement and support when a student is ready to transition to a larger and more traditional educational setting.
The founding board was led by the Executive Director of the Georgia ETA and board member of the Georgia International Dyslexia Association, Brenda Fitzgerald. The current board chair is Bob Strickland, and Joy Wood serves as the Head of School.