Our Mission...Our Story
-Molly Holm, Co-Founder of GRACEPOINT
How it all began...
The first seed of GRACEPOINT was planted in 2012, when 2 mothers, Molly Holm and Angie Strack both found themselves searching for the best school to serve their dyslexic sons. As overwhelming as starting a school seemed at the time, with the leadership of Brenda Fitzgerald, Executive Director of the Georgia Educational Training Agency, the doors of GRACEPOINT opened just 6 months later with a mere 4 students. GRACEPOINT is in its 8th year with an enrollment of 123 students. Ms. Holm serves GRACEPOINT as a board member, and Ms. Strack as Middle School Director and a Morphology teacher.
GRACEPOINT opened in August of 2012 meeting at Riverstone Church in Kennesaw. After four years of steady growth, GRACEPOINT outgrew the space at Riverstone Church and moved to a newly renovated building at Piedmont Church in August of 2016 which is centrally located in Marietta.
Our Statement of Faith...
At GRACEPOINT we are dedicated to educating dyslexic students in a Christ-centered environment. We will work to develop each student's God-given spiritual, physical and mental gifts to the fullest. With God's grace, we are committed to loving and glorifying God in everything we do. We believe that there is one God who is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ, God's one and only son, is our Lord and Savior. We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God.
- GRACEPOINT is accredited through the Georgia Accrediting Agency, SAIS and AdvancedEd.
- GRACEPOINT's enrollment has grown from 4 students to 123 students in eight years.
- GRACEPOINT offers a challenging curriculum in all academic areas for our students.
- GRACEPOINT reading teachers are trained and certified by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators.
- GRACEPOINT works with families to assist with outplacement and support when a student is ready to transition to a larger and more traditional educational setting.