Financial Aid Policies and Procedures
GRACEPOINT School is committed to equipping dyslexic students with the skills needed to develop into independent and confident learners and the desire for growing in wisdom and knowledge of the Lord in order to bring Him glory. It is our desire to have a program accessible to all qualified families, and in recognizing that financing a private school education is a major commitment for families, we allocate funds to our need-based financial aid program.
Financial assistance is available to both new and returning students after enrollment is completed and the following criteria must be met in order to be considered for financial assistance:
· The student must be in good standing academically and behaviorally.
· Students re-enrolling to GRACEPOINT may submit a financial request as soon as they have submitted an application for re-enrollment. In order for the request to be reviewed for consideration, the account must be up-to-date, the re-enrollment notification of acceptance received, and all financial assistance application obligations met before a request for assistance will be considered.
· New students must meet all admission criteria and have received an official admission notification of acceptance prior to consideration of a request for financial assistance for the upcoming school year.
· No more than 50% of tuition will be awarded to any one student through the financial aid program.
· Grantees must re-apply for financial aid each year. Applications for the 2019-2020 school year must be submitted by April 15, 2019.
· An award of financial aid in one year does not imply that financial aid will be awarded in succeeding years, nor does it imply that the amount of aid granted will be the same in succeeding years.
· The completion of the financial assistance application is not a binding agreement that assistance is available or will be granted.
· All financial assistance applicants must complete a FACTS financial aid assessment application and provide tax records to verify eligibility.
· The Admission Office will distribute, process, and maintain the records for all financial assistance materials. Communication between the applicant’s family and other GRACEPOINT staff regarding financial assistance awards is prohibited.
· Letters of notification with financial aid award information will be mailed or emailed to applicant families upon decision of the award.
Financial Assistance Application Process
· Applications for financial assistance and completed eligibility verification is through the third-party organization, FACTS. Applications must include the following prior to consideration of the request:
1. The FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment online application must be completed via the FACTS website and there is a $35 FACTS application fee. www.FACTStuitionaid.com
2. All necessary supplemental documentation must be provided to FACTS.
3. Re-enrolling GRACEPOINT students must have already paid the tuition deposit for the upcoming year in their online application submission, prior to consideration of financial assistance.
4. NEW student applicants must submit the tuition deposit in the amount of $1000 through FACTS to fulfill the registration requirement, prior to consideration of financial assistance.
5. If assistance is not awarded and the student is unable to attend due to financial difficulties, the $1000 deposit will be refunded upon receipt of a written withdrawal received by the Admission Office within ten days of the assistance notification. In this case, the deposit will only be refunded if the financial assistance application process was completed through FACTS, and a notification letter regarding the amount of financial assistance was distributed to the applicant.
· The following information is required in order for FACTS to process the application:
1. Signed and completed paper application or completed online application to FACTS.
2. Payment of the FACTS application fee ($35) to FACTS (online).
3. Most recent copy of the tax return including all schedules to FACTS.
4. Most recent copy of the W-2’s for both primary parent and spouse to FACTS.
5. Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support,
Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF to FACTS. If you have questions or
concerns about the FACTS application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer
Care Representative at 1-866-315-9262.